Course Taking Sandwich Program AY2020-2021
What is the Course Taking Sandwich Program?
Students have a wide range of study options from all departments and colleges. Classes are taught in English and Japanese language lessons are also available.
Program feature and the guideline
- Over 100 English-based courses
- Wide range of study options in a science and engineering fields.
(Mechanical, Materials, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics, Architecture, Civil and System)
- JPY40,000 scholarship opportunity*
*Must pass the SIT scholarship screening.
For further details, check our latest program guideline.
The applicant must :- be an undergraduate/graduate student of a university.
- complete this program at SIT and return to home university before the graduation at his/her home university.
- have good English skills* (CEFR B2 equivalent or higher)
- be physically and mentally healthy. (health checkup / certificate is required upon application)
- comply with the Japanese export control legal framework.
* CEFR B2 is equivalent to IELTS 5.5-6.5, TOEFL iBT 72-94, (These scores may change from time to time)
* Native English speaker and the Enlish-based degree students are not required to submit a English proficiency scores.
* If the applicant hasn't taken the English proficiency test, his/her home university can issue a letter that substantitates student's English proficiency.
SIT Partner University applicants:- Registration fee: JPY30,000
- Program fee and tuition: All Waived
Non-Partner University applicants:- Registration fee: JPY30,000
- Admission fee: JPY40,000
- Tuition (Course takers only): JPY12,000/credit
When to apply and start?
First, decide your entry period (when to start and Length of stay) and check your Nomination Period and Application Submission Period.STEP 1: Have your university's coordinator send a nomination form to the SIT International Office.(email@example.com)
STEP 2: Apply via online application form. Please check the "How to apply for SIT mobility program" before you start applying.
|Entry Period||Application Acceptance Period||Beginning of Program|
|Nomination Period||Application Submission Period|
|Spring Entry||October 1st - October 15th||October 1st - October 30th||Beginning of April|
|Fall Entry||April 1st - April 15th||April 1st - April 30th||End of September|
Nomination and Application form for AY2020-2021
Nomination formSubmit the "Nomination form" to the SIT International Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) as an Excel file.
※Note：Nomination has to be submitted by university coordinator or supervisor.
- Online application form
- How to apply for SIT mobility program
- Pledge (Needs to be signed and submitted through our online application form)
In case you have any questions
Interview with Sandwich Students at SIT
Contact Division of Global Initiatives
- 3-7-5 Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8548, Japan (2F Classroom and Administration Building Toyosu campus)