Powerand Energy Systems Laboratory
Aiming to realize a revolutionary energy conversion
Electrical energy, which supports our daily lives, is equivalent to only 40 percent of the energy that oil, coal and natural gas originally have. The remaining 60 percent is wastefully disposed of during conversion processes. Do you know about his fact? Our laboratory is conducting basic research on new energy systems, centering on fuel cells and natural energy, to reduce such a wasteful use and make the use of energy more efficient.
|College of Systems Engineering and Science
||Machinery and Control Systems|
|Faculty Name||Shinji Kimijima|
The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers
|Keyword||Energy conversion,Clean energy,Fuel cells,Cogeneration,Next-generation energy,Energy saving,New Energy,Bioenergy,Use of waste heat|
- Mechanical engineering
- Energy engineering
For SocietyEverything from natural phenomena to industrial production is based on energy conversion. Acquiring basic knowledge from learning energy should help students in various occasions in adult society.
- Research on dynamics and control of solid oxide fuel cells
- Research on new fuel cells that utilize photocatalysts, enzymes or yeasts
- Transforming unused heat to power (thermomagnetic engine, thermoacoustic engine and steam cycle)