Geotechnical Engineering Laboratory
Connecting technologies, disaster mitigation, environmental conservation and economy surrounding the geosphere
Our laboratory aims to study ways for future generations to sustain and develop urban foundations and environments by managing and improving ground and social infrastructures so that they may exist in harmony with changing natural and social environments. To this end, we are conducting research for conceptualizing and developing geotechnical and social infrastructures that would robustly adapt to various natural disasters that we are experiencing now or expect to strike us in the future.
|College of Engineering Affiliation||Civil Engineering|
|Faculty Name||INAZUMI, Shinya|
Japan Society of Civil Engineers|
Japanese Geotechnical Society
The Society of Materials Science, Japan
The Clay Science Society of Japan
Japan Society of Material Cycles and Waste Management
Japan Construction Machinery and Construction Association
International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering
GEOMATE International Society
|Keyword||Ground, Environment, Recycling, Safety, peace of mind, Maintenance management, Environmental improvements, Reconstruction from disasters, Sustainable, Urban environments|
- Civil engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Construction management
- Environmental geotechnology
For SocietyIt is necessary to secure human resources capable of planning and implementing diverse measures that are coherent across wide regions for the purpose of addressing issues associated with ground-related disaster mitigation, environmental conservation and sustainable development. Our laboratory is playing a part in developing human resources who have the foresight and capability based on the conventional basic sciences to stand at the forefront to contemplate complex and expanding problems in ground-related disaster mitigation and environment.
- Development of ground improvement technologies that can deal with both disaster mitigation and environmental protection
- Research on the sophistication of anti-earthquake measures and dynamic evaluation methods of ground damage and underground water pollution in the wake of earthquakes.
- Development and systematization of water-shielding technologies and methods for their evaluation for prolonging the life cycle of waste treatment plants.