Steel Structures Laboratory
Create smarter, safer and stronger steel buildings for a sustainable future
Due to their excellent structural properties, steel materials are widely used in large-span buildings and super high-rise buildings worldwide. However, to fully utilize the excellent performance of structural steel, proper design and fabrication are essential. Our laboratory conducts research to pursue a design and fabrication method to economically achieve safer and more secure steel structures by full use of advanced experimental and computational approaches.
|Faculty Name||ASADA, Hyato|
|Academic Society||Architectural Institute of Japan, Japanese Society for Steel Construction, Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering, The Japan Society for Seismic Isolation|
|Keyword||Steel Structures、Seismic resistant structures、Earthquake Engineering、Welded Structures、 Structures with Passive Energy Dissipating Systems、Seismic Isolation|
- Structural Engineering
- Earthquake Engineering
- Structural Steel Design
For SocietyWe will develop superior structural design methods to achieve high-quality buildings. Also, contribute to sustainable manufacturing by promoting advanced technologies such as robotics and creating quality control rules commensurate with the rationalization of fabrication.
- Ultimate performance evaluation of steel and composite connections
- Seismic evaluation of steel and composite frames
- Development of structural system by utilizing ultra-high strength steel
- Seismic rehabilitation of existing buildings
- Optimization of welding and fabrication process
- Mechanical properties of welded connection