Local Creation & Environmental Policy Laboratory
Let’s develop vibrant towns by using environmental and human resources in regions
Our laboratory is surveying and researching the processes or effectiveness of sustainable town development through the rejuvenation of farming and mountainous regions, which are hit by the declining population and industries, and the economic revitalization in regions with the use of environmental resources. To this end, we have taken practical approaches. For example, we are working on policy proposals on the preservation of natural environments, use of natural energies, reduction of garbage, revitalization of local shopping districts and improvement of transportation networks.
|College of Engineering||Planning, Architecture and Environmental Systems|
|Faculty Name||Takahiro Nakaguchi|
|Academic Society||Society of Environmental Science, Japan|
Japan Association for Planning and Public Management
The Japanese Society for Environmental Education
|Keyword|| Environmental improvements, Regional reinvigoration, Low-carbon society, Transportation planning, Ecology, Resident participation, Recycling-based society, Energy saving, Regional planning|
- Livelihood sciences
- Interdisciplinary sciences
- Environmental engineering
For SocietyStudents participate in regional reinvigoration projects, analyze data gained from interviews and questionnaires and provide clues to formulating successful and effective environmental policies as well as suggestions to build sustainable communities. Their activities are useful in promoting effective activities taken by local governments and residents.
- Analyzing the effectiveness of environmental and regional revitalization policies in farming communities and proposing effective policies taken by municipal governments.
- Analyzing the factors in the success of Germany’s policies on environment, urban cities and transportation and studying their applications to Japan
- Measuring the effectiveness of carrying out environmental education and education for sustainable development