Product Planning Laboratory
Dream and design products in a fun way
We aim to produce user-friendly, convenient, and beautiful products for target users by incorporating daily-life thoughts: “I wish there were something like this.” To that end, we are researching product designs that will make users, makers, as well as sellers so happy that they would use “It’s cool” or “It’s cute” to describe them. Our aim is to do so by studying ways to fuse the latest technologies into the manufacturing process, while taking into consideration the viewpoints of logistics and sales.
|Affiliation||Engineering and Design (Manufacturing Systems and Product Design Course)|
|Faculty Name||KUME, Toshiaki|
|Keyword||IoT（InternetofThings）, Safety, peace of mind, Interface designs, Ecology, Tourism, Communication designs, Service designs, Product designs, Universal designs|
- Engineering and Design
- Interdisciplinary Sciences
- Livelihood Science
- Information Engineering
- Sports and Health Sciences
For SocietyOnce you work as designer, your perception will be change from what it was at university. In the real world, designers are required to be strong-willed. Our laboratory aims to impart to students the instructors’ real-life experience of working as a designer.
- Designing products and systems that will help foreign tourists navigate destinations (accommodations and restaurants) to ease their stay
- Designing monitoring and security systems that will protect children who commute to day-care centers, cram schools, or schoolchildren care centers and assure parents of their safety
- Research on new ways to share new interior designs for driverless vehicles