What is Research Exchange Program?
The participants will be assigned to a laboratory based on their research topic and the lab capacity of SIT professors. The research theme and content will be decided later based on discussion between the SIT professor and the participant.
Program features and guidelines
- Obtaining new perspectives at a cutting edge facility in Tokyo.
- Learning not only Japanese but also other cultures at one of the top globalized campuses in Japan.
- Over 250 laboratory choices from the science and engineering fields.
(Mechanical, Materials, Chemistry, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics, Architecture, Civil and System)
- Flexible program duration choice (min. 8 days - max. 1 year)
- JPY40,000 scholarship opportunity*
The applicant must :
- complete this program before graduation from home university.
- have good English skills* (CEFR B2 equivalent or higher)
- be physically and mentally healthy.
- comply with the Japanese export control legal framework.
* CEFR B2 is equivalent to IELTS 5.5-6.5, TOEFL iBT 72-94, (These scores may change from time to time)
* Native English speaker and the Enlish-based degree students are not required to submit the English proficiency scores.
* If the applicant hasn't taken the English proficiency test, his/her home university can issue a letter that substantiates the student's English proficiency.
SIT Partner University applicants:
Non-Partner University applicants:
- Tuition (Course takers only): JPY12,000/credit
SIT Research Laboratory list
Nomination and Application procedure
Based on your program start month, complete STEP 1 and STEP 2 during the application acceptance period.
STEP 2: Apply using our online application form. Please check the "How to apply for SIT mobility program" before you start applying.
|Application Acceptance Period||Program start month|
|Nomination Period||Application Period|
|1st Entry||October 1 - October 15||October 15 - October 31||March, April|
|2nd Entry||December 1 - December 15||December 15 - December 31||May, June|
|3rd Entry||February 1 - February 15||February 15 - February 28||July, August|
|4th Entry||April 1 - April 15||April 15 - April 30||September, October|
|5th Entry||June 1 - June 15||June 15 - June 30||November, December|
|6th Entry||August 1 -August 15||August 15 - August 31||January, February|
Nomination and Application form for AY2020-2021
In case you have any questions
Division of Global Initiatives
3-7-5 Toyosu, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8548, Japan (2F Classroom and Administration Building Toyosu campus)