- received Bachelor's Degree and Doctor's Degree from The Univesity of Tokyo in 1976 and in 1988.
- Engineer at NTT Laboratories (1976-2002).
- joined Shibaura Institute of Technology as a Professor in 2002.
- Optical fiber communication system
- Optical fiber sensing
Optical communication systems,Wavelength division multiplexing,Fiber-optic sensing,Optical fibers,Brillouin scattering,Rayleigh scattering,Raman scattering,Coherent detection,Strain measurement,Fiber lasers,Optical cables,Light modulators
- Circuit Theory 3
- Opto Electronics
- Mathematics of Information and Communication Technology 2
- Development of a distributed sensing technique using Brillouin scattering, J. Lightwave Technol., VOL.13, NO.7, pp.1296-1302, July 1995 (and 100 technical articles).
- Best Paper Award of International Wire & Cable Symposium, (Nov. 1995, IWCS committee).
- Best Paper Award of The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication, (May. 1991, IEICE).
International / Domestic Societies
A Fellow of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE), a Senior member of IEEE, members of Optical Society of America (OSA) and the Optical Society of Japan (OSJ).