Ph.D in Science
- 04/2009 - present: Professor, Shibaura Institute of Technology
- 04/2007 - 03/2009: Associate Professor, Shibaura Institute of Technology
- 02/2002 - 03/2007: Associate Professor, Yokohama National University
- 04/1998 - 01/2002: Lecturer, Yokohama National University
- 03/1993 - 03/1998: Assistant Professor, Yokohama National University
- 04/1986 - 02/1993: Researcher, Production Engineering Research Laboratory, Hitachi Co., Ltd.
Field of Interest
Electrochemistry, Interfacial phenomena in electrode systems
- Development of methods for recovering elemental selenium based on the electrochemical reduction of seleno-oxyanions accelerated by methyl viologen.
- Development of electrode systems for the oxidation of sulfur dioxide in concentrated sulfuric acid
- Development of electrodeposition reaction of iridium oxide and the application of the resulting iridium thin films
- Specific reactions and phenomena at the electrode | ionic liquid interface
Electrochemistry, Interfacial phenomena
- Physical Chemistry II
- Physical Chemistry Laboratory
- Applied Electrochemistry I
- Applied Electrochemistry II
- T. Morita, H. Kuroe, A. Eguchi, and S. Imabayashi, "Electrochemical Quartz Crystal Microbalance Analysis of Nitrogen Oxide-Promoted Platinum Dissolution in HClO4", J. Phys. Chem. C, 118 (28), 15114-15121 (2014).
- A. Kawano and S. Imabayashi, "Influence of oxygen atmosphere in Platinum dissolution under potential cycling conditions", J. Electrochem. Soc., 161(1), F67-F71 (2014).
- F. Koshikumo, W. Murata, A. Ooya, and S. Imabayashi, "Acceleration of Electroreduction Reaction of Water-Soluble Selenium Compounds in the Presence of Methyl Viologen", Electrochemistry, 81(5), 350-52 (2013).
- H. Kuroe, T. Morita, Y. Uchiyama, T. Abe, and S. Imabayashi, "Platinum Dissolution in Nitrogen Oxides-Containing HClO4 Solution Studied by Electrochemical Quartz Crystal Microbalance", ECS Trans., 50(2), 1607-12 (2012).
- T. Ohsaka, K. Hirano, and S. Imabayashi, "Bath-life extension of iridium electroplating by separating anode and cathode compartments with ion-exchange membrane", Electrochem. Solid State Lett., 13(8), D65-D68 (2010).
- T. Ohsaka, Y. Goto, K. Sakamoto, M. Isaka, S. Imabayashi, and K. Hirano, "Effect of intensities of ultrasound sonication on reduction of crack formation and surface roughness in iridium electrodeposites", Trans IMF., 88(4), 204-8 (2010).
- N. Nakadan, S. Imabayashi, and M. Watanabe, "Role of the thermoresponsive segment in determining the redox properties of phenothiazine-labeled poly(ethoxyethyl glycidyl ether)-block-poly(ethylene oxide)", J. Electroanal. Chem. 632(1-2), 59-63 (2009).
- S. Inoue, H. Kakikawa, N. Nakadan, S. Imabayashi, and M. Watanabe, "Thermal response of poly (ethoxyethyl glycidyl ether) grafted on gold surfaces probed on the basis of temperature-dependent water wettability", Lamgmuir, 25(5), 2837-41 (2009).
- S. Imabayashi, Y. Kondo, R. Komori, A. Kawano, and T. Ohsaka, "Effects of atmospheric trace species on the oxygen reduction reaction and the production of hydrogen peroxide", ECS Transactions, 16(2), 925-930 (2008).
- R. Tsuda, K. Kodama, T. Ueki, H. Kokubo, S. Imabayashi, and M. Watanabe, "LCST-type liquid-liquid phase separation behaviour of poly(ethylene oxide) derivatives in an ionic liquid", Chem Commun., 2008, 4939-4941.
- M. Ogura, H. Tokuda, S. Imabayashi, and M. Watanabe, "Preparation and Solution Behavior of Thermoresponsitive Diblock Copolymer of Poly(ethyl glycidyl ether) and Poly(ethylene oxide)", Lamgmuir, 23(18), 9429-9434 (2007).
- R. Tsuda, S. Kaino, H. Kokubo, S. Imabayashi, and M. Watanabe, "Effect of core-shell micelle formation on the redox properties of phenothiazine-labeled poly(ethyl glycidyl ether)-block-poly(ethylene oxide)", Colloids and Interfaces B: Biointerface, 56, 255-259(2007).
International / Domestic Societies
- The Electrochemical Society
- American Chemical Society
- The Electrochemical Society of Japan
- The Chemical Society of Japan
- The Polarographic Society of Japan