- In 1984, B.S. degree Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences (School of Pharmacy)
- In 1989, Ph. D. degree Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences (School of Pharmacy)
- In 1989, Assistant Professor at Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences (School of Pharmacy)
- In 2005, Associate Professor at Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Sciences (School of Pharmacy)
- In 2008, Associate Professor at Shibaura Institute of Technology (Department of Applied Chemistry)
- In 2010, Professor at Shibaura Institute of Technology (Department of Applied Chemistry)
- Catalytic asymmetric syntheses of N-C axially chiral compounds and their applications
- Stereoselective synthesis of separable amide rotamers and their appplications
- Disproportionation of enantiomes and its application to optical purification
enantiomers, axial chirality, asymmetric synthesis, catalyst, amides, rotamers, heterocycles, disproportionation, optical purification
- Theory of Organic Reactions
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Structure Determination of Organic Compounds
(Typical examples of publications)
- Synthesis of optically active N-C axially chiral tetrahydroquinoline and its response to acid-accelerated molecular rotor. Suzuki, Y.; Kageyama, M.; Morisawa, R.; Dobashi, Y.; Hasegawa, H.; Yokojima, S.; Kitagawa, O*. Chem. Commun. 51 (56), 11229-11232 (2015).
- Unique Structural Property of 2,4,6-tri-tert-butylanilide: Isomerization and Switching between Separable Amide Rotamers through the Reaction of Anilide Enolates. Tsukagoshi, S.; Ototake, N.; Ohnishi, Y.; Shimizu, M. Kitagawa, O*. Chem. Eur. J. 19 (21), 6845-6850 (2013)
- Catalytic Enantioselective Synthesis of Atropisomeric Indoles Having an N-C Chiral Axis. Ototake, N.; Morimoto, Y.; Mokuya, A.; Fukaya, H.; Shida, Y.; Kitagawa, O*. Chem. Eur. J. 16 (23) 6752-6755 (2010).
- Highly Enantioselective Synthesis of Atropisomeric Anilide Derivatives through Catalytic Asymmetric N-Arylation: Conformational Analysis and Application to Asymmetric Enolate Chemistry. Kitagawa, O*.; Yoshikawa, M.; Tanabe, H.; Morita, T.; Takahashi, M.; Dobashi, Y.; Taguchi, T. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 128 (39), 12923 - 12931, (2006).
- Iodoaziridine Derivatives as Novel Azahomoallyl Radical Precursors for [3+2] Cycloaddition Reactions with Alkenes. Kitagawa, O.; Yamada, Y.; Fujiwara, H.; Taguchi, T. Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 40 (21), 3865-3867 (2001).
- Optically Active Axially Chiral Anilide and Maleimide Derivatives as New Chiral Reagents: Synthesis and Application to Asymmetric Diels-Alder Reaction. Kitagawa, O.; Izawa, H.; Sato, K.; Dobashi, A.; Taguchi, T.; Shiro, M. J. Org. Chem. 63 (8), 2634-2640 (1998).
- Ionic Iodocarbocyclization Reactions of 4-Alkenyl- and 4-Alkynylmalonate Derivatives. Kitagawa, O.; Inoue, T.; Hirano, K.; Taguchi, T. J. Org. Chem. 58 (11), 3106-3112 (1993).
- Aldol Reaction of Iododifluoroacetate-Zn and 2,2-Difluoroketene Silyl Acetal. Kitagawa, O.; Taguchi, T.; Kobayashi, Y. Tetrahedron Lett. 29 (15), 1803-1806 (1988).
International / Domestic Societies
- The Society of Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Society of Japan