- 1987-1991 School of Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Awarded the degree of Bachelor of Engineering in Bioengineering
- 1991-1993 Environmental Chemistry and Engineering, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Awarded the degree of Master of Engineering for the thesis entitled “Synthesis and application of telechelic polyethylene by means of metathesis degradaton of hydrogenated polybutadiene“. Work supervised by Professor Kazuo Soga.
- 1997-1999 Research Student in Chemical Resources Laboratory, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Awarded the degree of PhD, doctorate by way of disseration, in polymer science for the thesis entitled “Olefin polymerizatios related to the unique characteristics of metallocene catalysts”. Work supervised by Professor Takeshi Shiono and Professor Tomiki Ikeda.
Research and professional experience:
- 1993-1997 Petrochemical Research Laboratory, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- 1999-2002 Assistant Professor at the Graduate School of Materials Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, working under Professor Yukio Imanishi.
- 2002-2005 Assistant Professor at the Department of Organic and Polymer Materials Chemistry, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technoloby working under Professor Akinori Toyota.
- 2005-present Associate Professor at the College of Engineering, Shibaura Institute of Technology
- *2009 (Apr.-Oct.) Visiting Professor at Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research, Advisor Prof. Dr. Martin Baumgarten
Synthesis and characterization of joint-linker type gels
Development of high performance porous network polymers
Crystallization and crystalline structure of olefin-based copolymers
gel, network polymer, crystalline polmer