There are many different types of handling equipment for granular materials such as sand, salt and so forth.
This laboratory investigates the dynamics of granular materials and develops novel granular handling equipment that use the electrostatic forces or the vibration.
We are extremely interested in:
- particle dampers,
- removal of foreign objects in dried foods,
- granular simulation,
- separation of conductors and nonconductors,
- separation of plastic mixtures,
- motion analysis of a foreign object between relay electrodes,
- DEM-FEM coupling approach for dynamical analysis of granular systems.
For videos and photos of our research, please visit our website !!
Particle damper，Discrete Element Method, Finite Element Method, Electrostatic applications，Electrostatic Separation, Recycling，Removal of Foreign Objects, Food technology
- Fundamentals of Engineering Mechanics 1
- Fundamentals of Mechanical Vibrations
- Vibration Engineering
- Introduction to Mechanical Engineering
- Experimental in Mechanical Engineering
- Experiment and Practice in Mechanical Engineering
- Seminar on Mechanical Engineering 1
- Seminar on Mechanical Engineering 2
- Graduation thesis
- Dynamics of Machnery
- T. Kidokoro, R. Arai and M. Saeki: Investigation of dynamics simulation of granular particles using spherocylinder model，Granular matter, Vol. 17, Issue 6 (2015), pp.743～751.
- M. Saeki: Triboelectric Separation of Three-Component Plastic Mixture, Particulate Science and Technology, Vol. 26-5(2008), pp. 494 - 506．
- M.Saeki：Analytical study of multi unit particle damping, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 281, No. 3-5(2005), pp. 1133～1144.