- B.Eng., Industrial Chemistry, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan (1988-1992)
- Ph.D., Chemistry and Biotechnology, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan (1992-1997)
Dissertation Topic: Development of Artificial Ribonuclease based on Rare-earth Metal Complex
- JSPS (The Japan Society for the Promotion of Science) Research Fellow, Univ. Tokyo (1996-1998)
- (Visiting Researcher, University of Texas at Austin (1997-1998))
- NIMC (National Institute of Materials and Chemical Research) Postdoctoral Fellow, NIMC Tsukuba (1998-2001)
- JSPS Research Associate, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, Univ. Tokyo (2001-2002)
- Shibaura Institute of Technology, Department of Material Science and Engineering (2002-)
- Liposome-based Sensor System, which will be successfully applied to drug discovery and biochemical elucidation of membrane proteins, is under study based on peptide chemistry and quartz crystal microbalance sensing.
- Lipid Membrane Supported by Structured Porous Materials has been prepared as a multicellular biomembrane model and is now under application study for mimicking cellular signaling or cell-cell interaction.
Liposome, Lipid Vesicle, Micro-fabrication, Biosensor, Peptide Chemistry, Artificial Enzyme