S.I.T Athletic Gym
S.I.T Athletic Gym is located on the ground floor of the Toyosu Campus. The gym can be used for free by students who are taking courses. We advise all the students to use the gym for staying fit and healthy.
Guide to Usage
Hours when classes are in session:
When the gym is used for classes or course lessons, it will be closed to people not participating in them.
Hours for other times:
- During gym classes, people other than those taking the class cannot use the gym.
- Entry is allowed until 30 minutes before the closing time.
- After using the gym, please change your clothes in time to leave by the closing time.
- Closed on Sundays and holidays (excluding days when gym classes are scheduled).
- The closing times may be subject to change. Any change regarding open times will be posted on the bulletin board or via other means.
- Gym: Free
- Shower: 100 yen (every five minutes)
Points of attention regarding usage
- When entering the gym, present your student or teaching staff ID.
- Before using the gym, be sure to attend the reguired lecture (instructions concerning the use of the machines). Sign up for periodic courses or individual courses. For further details, inquire at the S.I.T Athletic Gym or the Student Affairs Section.
- Bring indoor shoes for use in the gym. You are not allowed to use the gym unless you are wearing indoor shoes. When using the gym, change into wear suited for physical exercise.
- An exercise machine can be dangerous when used in the wrong way. Be sure to follow the instructions provided by the staff.
Other points of attention
- You may use the gym for up to two hours a day.
- When the gym is used for a class, it may be closed to people not participating in the class even during the opening hours.
- Place outdoor shoes in the shoe locker kept at the entrance.
- Be sure to place your clothes and other belongings in the locker.
- As a precaution to prevent accidents, when in doubt, please ask the staff how to use the machines.
- Take care to ensure that everyone feels comfortable while using the gym, for example by wiping your sweat off the machines.
- After taking a shower, dry your body well with a towel before entering the locker room.
- When the gym is crowded, do not hog the equipment.
- You are not allowed to use the gym when drunk or in poor health.
- Taking foods into the gym is prohibited.
- Water and sports drinks in a capped container may be taken into the gym.
- If you have lost your locker key, you will be required to pay for a replacement.
- You are responsible for your valuables.
- Refrain from talking on your mobile phone in the gym or using it to take pictures.
- When listening to music, be sure to use earphones (or headphones) and prevent sound leakage.