Shibaura Institute of Technology 90th Anniversary Ceremony was held in Imperial Hotel, Tokyo on November 1, 2017. About 1100 participants in total who are University officials, students, professors, and guests from overseas attended.
Performance of Shibaura Institute of Technology school song & national anthem
After Shibaura Institute of Technology school song (solo performance) & national anthem performed by Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Hisaya Igarashi and President, Masato Murakami gave a speech.
Guest Congratulatory Addresses
Promotion and Mutual Aid Corporation for Private Schools of Japan ‒ Chief Director, Teiichi Kawata, Japan Association of Private Universities and Colleges ‒ Vice President, Osamu Murata (Kwansei Gakuin University President), and Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology - Vice-Minister, Kazuo Todani(on behalf of Yoshimasa Hayashi, Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) sent congratulatory addresses.
School Faculty Honors
University officials who contributed significantly to research and educational activities of SIT were awarded Chairman's Award and President's Award. Also, those who achieved excellent results in extracurricular activities were awarded SIT award. In addition, as celebrating SIT 90th anniversary, scholarship students were decided to three current students who contributed to globalization and earned excellent grades.
- Chairman's Award（Executive Director & Senior General Manager, Kazuya Noguchi）, President’s Award（Prof. Mitsuo Yamashita and Prof. Takumi Miyoshi）
- Shibaura Institute of Technology 90th Anniversary President’s Scholarship（Kana Moriya, Kazukiyo Inada, and Kodai Ito）
- SIT Award（Team Birdman Trial, SIT Senior High School ‒ 2nd year student, Masayuki Otake）
Honoray Doctorate Nomination, and Award for Distinguished Service in International Exchange were awarded to those who contributed towards the furthering of the globalization of Shibaura Institute of Technology.
- Honoray Doctorate Nomination: University of California, Irvine ‒ President, Howard Gillman
- Award for Distinguished Service in International Exchange: University of California, Irvine ‒ ex-Manager, Custom Designed Programs ESL and TEFL Teacher Training UCI Division of Continuing Education, International Programs, Michelle A. Ryan, M. P. A.
Honorary Title Nomination: AGH University of Science and Technology Honorary Exchange Ambassador
This honorary title was received as a means of expressing gratitude for the mutual efforts given in exchange between AGH University of Science and Technology and Shibaura Institute of Technology.
AGH University of Science and Technology Honorary Exchange Ambassadors are:
- Shibaura Institute of Technology ‒ Chairman of the Board of Directors, Hisaya Igarashi
- Shibaura Institute of Technology ‒ Dean, Graduate School of Engineering and Science, Akito Takasaki
Introduction of Invitees / Singing the Shibaura Institute of Technology school song
After the introduction of the participants from Partner universities, such as SEATUC (South East Asian Technical University Consortium) representing the countries of Southeast Asia, we sang SIT school song.
At Commemorative Party, the Ceremonial Sake Barrel opened, “Soran-Bushi" performed by SIT students & International students, Nippon Sport Science University’s cheerleading club did performance, and Team Birdman Trial sent cheers to us.